- Why did you decide to make the move to Stone Dogs?
Having known the guys for years, I knew it was the right place for me to move to expand my knowledge and skill set whilst being able to contribute to a growing business in a meaningful way.
- What is it about the team there that clicks for you?
The guys are all easy going and know how to have fun. This combined with the fact they’re some of the best at what they do makes everyday enjoyable.
- How did you first get in the industry? What was your very first job in the industry?
I moved down to London from up north with no job lined up, moving in with an old college buddy. Spent two weeks just dropping my CV off in person to all the post houses I could find and ended up starting as a runner at Rushes 2 weeks later.
- Where did you learn your craft (film school? Mentored as a runner? Self taught?)
I had a basic broad knowledge picked up from college, but it was really as a runner at Rushes training with some of the best at what they do that I picked up a lot of my skills.
- Before doing what you do now, did you work in any other field/ have any different career path?
Worked in a model and hobby shop as a kid. Train station cafe before moving to London and joining Rushes. Originally was studying Psychology, Law and Sociology at college with plans to become a lawyer before swapping to my media course. Something about the first month of law lessons being solely based around creating a moral vacuum didn’t sit well with me and I’d been asked to help out on friends short film (that they were making as part of the course I eventually transferred to) which I’d really enjoyed. So the change seemed a no brainer for me.
- What are the aspects of your work that you really obsess over
Attention to detail. Trying my best to make sure everything’s right the first time round. It’s less work for everyone if nothing slips through.
- How would you describe your approach to your work?
Methodical & meticulous.
- Outside of work, what are you passionate about?
Big esports fan, love watching some games of League at the weekend. Avid fan of the NFL too (Denver Broncos, sorry Bri, Giants suck.) - [Ouch! Brian edit]